Here's a checklist to help you enjoy your travels.
Many Aventura residents travel during the year, and whether you’re a snowbird who flies away for a season or someone who loves a short getaway, where you live makes it easier. Aventura caters to a lock-and-leave lifestyle so that you can take off with confidence. Your limited access building entrances assure that, as long as your passcode is kept private, no one else may enter using your code. Mail and package pick-up works fine for a short-term stay away, but if you plan to extend your vacation, you may want to pause your mail and newspaper delivery. You can also arrange for bills to come via email and pay online to simplify your life.
When it comes to prepping for a safe so-long, look at these helpful hints:
- Notify your building management of your plans
- Adjust your thermostat to avoid using power you don’t need
- Put an accent light on a timer to provide a bright welcome home and deter others from snooping.
- Check the batteries in your smoke detectors to make sure they have power
- Unplug small appliances like unneeded lamps, tv, radio, toaster, coffee pot, etc.
- Lock up your valuables and keep their whereabouts as hidden as possible
- Avoid making a social media announcement about your getaway plans
- Notify only your immediate neighbors and your besties in the building
- Hide your GPS or trip tracker on your cell phone to keep your whereabouts private
- Consider a house sitter
Another thought is to check your homeowner policy to ensure that your home is adequately protected in your absence.
You’ve got a head start on locking and leaving simply because you enjoy Aventura life, but you can take it a bit further with this checklist and enjoy your travels.